Natural Treatment For Constipation
Constipation is a common problem found in most of the people in the world. It is a gastrointestinal issue. In the United States, 42 million people suffer from the problem of constipation. Many people tried different solutions for stool softening but most of these solutions possess side effects like nausea, cramps, gas, bloating, etc. Therefore, it is better to opt for natural stool softener to cure the problem of constipation.
Here are some tips that will help you in softening the stool.
- Consume more fiber– Institute of Medicine recommended that men should consume 38 grams fiber in a day and women should consume 25 grams of fiber in a day. Orange, carrot, apple, flax seed and oatmeal are good source of fiber.
- Drink lot of water– Due to the lack of water in body, stool becomes clumpy, hard and painful. If you drink plenty of water, you can get rid of this problem. It will help to make stool softer.
- Regular walk– Proper exercise on a daily basis can help you out in curing the constipation problem. If you don’t have time for exercise, it is better to go for morning and evening walk every day.
- Drink mixture of salt-water– Salt and water mixture proves to be a natural cure for constipation. Epsom salt consists of magnesium sulphate which is effective for curing constipation. It softens the stool to provide relieve during constipation.
- Honey tea– Add a tablespoon of honey and 3 grams of green tea leaves to a mug containing hot water. Wait for some minutes and drink it after meal. This will make stool softer and bowel movement will become easy.
- Molasses drink– Take a glass fully filled with warm water, add 2 tablespoon of molasses in it and stir. Drink this molasses mixture two times daily. This proves to be very helpful during constipation.
- Spinach soup– Prepare a spinach soup and add some salt in it. Drink it when constipation troubles you and you will get a quick relief from constipation. This is suitable for both children and adults. It stimulates and soothes the bowel.
- Eat fruits– Fruits like prunes, grapes and pears are very much useful in treating constipation. These fruits contain organic acids, sugar and cellulose which tone up the intestine and stomach to cure constipation. Guava also provides relief during constipation. If you are constipated you should eat 2 guavas daily. Fruits like orange, papaya and figs are also beneficial in curing constipation.
All the above written ways are really beneficial for curing the constipation. So, you can try these steps and be free from constipation. Apart from these, there are also many massage and exercising techniques which help to provide relief during constipation.